Ulaanbaatar is situated between four mountains: Bogda Khan Uul, Chingeltei Uul, Bayanzurkh Uul and Songino Khairkhan of the Khentii mountain chain, stretching from the Altan Tevsh valley of the Tuul basin, at an altitude of 4,921 feet (1,500m) above sea level latitude 47° 57' north and longitude 106° 55'. According to the Constitution of Mongolia "Ulaanbaatar is the capital city of Mongolia", and the country's main political, economic, industrial, scientific and cultural center. Gandan is the largest and most significant monastery in Mongolia and one of Ulaanbaatar 's most interesting sights. Built in the mid 19th century, it is the only monastery where Buddhist services continued to function even during the communist past. The Migjid Janraisig Temple is an important part of Gandan Monastery. The temple houses the majestic new gilded statue of Migjid Janraisig, decorated with jewels. This 26 meter high 20 ton statue is a copy of another statue that was destroyed in the 1920's by communists.The statue was built with donations of Mongolian people as symbol of Buddhist revival in the mid 1990's.
- 10:00 AM. Pick up from your staying hotel.
- 10:20 AM. Tour to “Gandan Tegchilen” Monastery.
- 12:00 PM. Tour to National Historical Museum or Natural museum
- 13:00 PM. Walk in Chinggis khaan square and see a monument of Genghis Khan
- 14.00 PM. Lunch at “Nomads” traditional chain of restaurant.
- 02:00 PM. Tour to Zaisan Memorial hill and Buddha Garden,
- 03:00 PM. Bogd khaan’s Museum
- 05:30 PM. Shopping at cashmere mall and souvenir house
- 07:00 PM. Mongolian traditional folklore concert at “Tumen ekh” ensemble.
- 08:30 PM. End of the trip.